NOLA Public Schools Out-of-Parish Student Guidance
Except at Type 2 Charters, all students of NOLA public schools must be residents of Orleans Parish.
To ensure compliance with this requirement, schools must take the following actions:
- During registration, collect two or more Orleans parish residency documents1
- On an ongoing basis, monitor new registrations and your rosters for out-of-parish addresses.
- Inform all families who do not establish Orleans Parish residency and not eligible for McKinney-Vento protections that they will be discharged.
- If a family confirms residency in another parish, discharge the student in SchoolForce with the following note:
- OSE9: Failed to verify residency in Orleans Parish
- If a family continues to come to school, contact NOLA Public Schools for support
1These documents may be used to prove residency:
- Current Lease/Mortgage Statement
- Electricity/Gas Bill
- Sewerage/Water Bill
- Cable/Internet Bill
- Section 8 or HANO Voucher Statement
- Recent letter from a government agency