Enroll for This School Year (2017-2018)



Enrollment for the 2017-18 School Year has ended.

Click here for more information about how to enroll for the 2018-19 School Year.

You can visit any of our three Family Resource Centers. At the Family Resource Center, your family will speak with a dedicated School Choice Advisor about the school options available in your child’s grade. When selecting from available schools, remember to ask our School Choice Advisors about transportation, school activities, and any other factors that may be important for you and your child.

You must bring these documents with you to enroll in Early Childhood programs or waitlists (ages 6 weeks to 4 years old):

  • Parent photo ID
  • 2 Proofs of Orleans residency
  • Birth certificate for proof of age
  • 1 Proof of income for all members of the household contributing to the household income (not applicable for tuition-based programs)
  • If enrolling in a Gifted & Talented program, proof of current Gifted evaluation

Check your eligibility for Early Childhood HERE.

Acceptable Documentation

Proof of guardianship Parent or Guardian’s Photo ID
Proof of age Birth Certificate or Certificate of Live Birth
Proof of residency Two (2) of the following documents are required for proof of residency:

  • Current rental lease agreement
  • Homestead Exemption in the parent’s name
  • Electricity/gas bill
  • Sewerage/water bill
  • Telephone bill (landline only)
  • Cable/internet service bill
  • Current official letter from government agency (Department of Social Service, Department of Health & Hospitals, etc.)
Proof of income One of the following documents is required for income verification:

  • SNAP Budget Sheet or Benefits Statement (for PK4 only)
  • Last four consecutive paychecks (if you work at least 40 hrs a week)
  • Letter from employer indicating:
    1. Where you are employed,
    2. Your hourly rate and frequency of pay
    3. Average hours worked a week
  • Most recent Social Security benefits statement
  • Most recent unemployment compensation statement
  • Alimony as shown in court decree or agreement
  • Most recent pension statements

Not sure if your child needs a placement? Call or visit us.

Special Education

All K-12 New Orleans public schools, and most public early childhood programs, are required to meet your child’s needs as identified on his / her Individualized Education Plan or 504 Plan. We encourage you to reach out to schools and programs directly to ask more about their special education services and staff.

You can research your options by viewing individual school profiles, and you can also learn more about special education programming here.