K-12 Late Enrollment will be virtual in 2020.
Late Enrollment is for K-12 families who are new to the city, new to public schools, or wish to transfer to a new school for the 2020-21 school year. The Late Enrollment process will be virtual this summer.
- If you wish to enroll your K-12 student, click here.
- If you wish to enroll your early childhood student, click here.
Step One: Review Availability and Sign up for Late Enrollment
- Review the K-12 seat availability report to identify schools you may be interested in
- IMPORTANT: This report is updated a few times a day, but is not a guarantee of availability. The information here is subject to change.
- Complete the Late Enrollment sign up form.
- Documents are required. The form will provide more information about what documents are required for each parent, depending on the child’s circumstances.
- Families who have issues accessing the internet are encouraged to call (877) 343-4773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a representative will support you in collecting your documents so you can participate in Late Enrollment along with other families.
Step Two: Wait to be contacted by the district
- NOLA Public Schools staff reach out to you by phone to discuss placement options.
- If you list schools for your children that are available, you may be notified by email that the placement is complete.
- Expect a call or email update within 3-5 business days of your submission.
- The following documents may be required:
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Last report card/proof of grade
- One Proof of Residency
- Utility bill – Electricity, cable/internet, sewerage/water bill, landline telephone
- Mortgage/Lease agreement
- Government Document (HANO, Section 8, Homestead Exemption, etc.)
- What if I don’t have proof of residency documents in my name?
- You will need to provide a signed letter from the person you and your child(ren) are living with, along with their proof of residency and a copy of their photo ID
- What if I have problems accessing or using the Late Enrollment Form?
- With access issues, call (877) 343-4773 or email email@example.com and a representative will support you in collecting your documents so you can participate in Late Enrollment along with other families.
- If you have trouble with the form, call (877) 343-4773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a representative will support you.
- What if my phone number changes after submitting the form?
- Contact email@example.com to let them know your contact information has changed. We’ll update your record.
- What if I miss the call I receive?
- If you miss our call, don’t worry. We’ll try you back later the same day, or the following day. We’ll attempt to reach you 5 times.
- What if I’m not the custodial parent?
- A non-custodial parent affidavit will be requested.
- What order will calls be made?
- Families who submit in the first wave, between June 15th and June 22nd will be contacted in a randomized order to preserve fairness. Families who submitted after June 22 will be contacted in the second wave. Dates for the second wave will be determined as soon as possible.