Late Enrollment

K-12 Late Enrollment will be virtual in 2020.

Late Enrollment is for K-12 families who are new to the city, new to public schools, or wish to transfer to a new school for the 2020-21 school year. The Late Enrollment process will be virtual this summer.

  • If you wish to enroll your K-12 student, click here.
  • If you wish to enroll your early childhood student, click here.

Steps to participate in K-12 Late Enrollment

If your student is currently attending an Orleans Parish Public School, in order to transfer you will need to participate in the Hardship Transfer Process.  You will need to contact your child’s school and participate in the hardship transfer process in order to transfer schools.

Step One: Sign up for Late Enrollment

Step Two: Wait to be contacted by the district

  • NOLA Public Schools staff reach out to you by phone to discuss placement options.
  • If you list schools for your children that are available, you may be notified by email that the placement is complete.
  • Expect a call or email update, usually the next business days after your submission.

Q & A

  • What if I have problems accessing or using the Late Enrollment Form?
    • Please email and a representative will support you in collecting your documents so you can participate in Late Enrollment along with other families, or if email is not an option for you, call (877) 343-4773 and leave a detailed message.
    • If you have trouble with the form, please email and a representative will support you, or call (877) 343-4773 and leave a detailed message.
  • What if my phone number changes after submitting the form?
  • What if I miss the call I receive?
    • If you miss our call, don’t worry.  We’ll try you back later the same day, or the following day.  We’ll attempt to reach you 5 times.
  • What if I’m not the custodial parent?
    • A non-custodial parent affidavit will be requested.
  • What documents may be required:
    • Parent/Guardian Photo ID
    • Child’s Birth Certificate
    • Last report card/proof of grade
    • One Proof of Residency
      • Utility bill – Electricity, cable/internet, sewerage/water bill, landline telephone
      • Mortgage/Lease agreement
      • Government Document (HANO, Section 8, Homestead Exemption, etc.)
  • What if I don’t have proof of residency documents in my name?
    • You will need to provide a signed letter from the person you and your child(ren) are living with, along with their proof of residency and a copy of their photo ID.