If you still need a school for the 2019-2020 school year, please see details below about Late Enrollment. Late Enrollment takes place July 29 – September 30 at Family Resource Centers.
These documents are required to register:
- Birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Parent or Guardian photo identification
- Proof of residency (utility bill, rental lease agreement / mortgage, property tax notice, etc.) Please note that more than one proof of residency may be required.
- IEP / 504 plan (if applicable)
Current and timely proof of residency in Orleans Parish is required. Inability to provide requested proof of residency may result in the loss of your child’s placement.*
Please note: If you choose to claim your child’s seat in the parent portal, you are still required to register at the school. For registration instructions, see above.
If you need assistance accessing your placement results, please visit a Family Resource Center or email email@example.com.
Missed the application window? Participate in Late Enrollment
*If residency documents are not in your name, please bring two (2) of the above proofs in the name of the lessee, a copy of the lessee’s photo ID, and a signed letter from the lessee affirming that you and the child(ren) reside in the household. If your child is matched to a “Type II” charter school, you may reside in any Louisiana Parish and must submit proof of residency for the Parish in which you reside. If you are unsure if your child’s school assignment is a “Type II,” contact your school for registration details and instructions. The McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act is a federal law that ensures immediate enrollment and educational stability for homeless children and youth. McKinney-Vento provides federal funding to states for the purpose of supporting district programs that serve homeless students. If you believe your student may be eligible for assistance under the McKinney-Vento Act, please call (877) 343-4773, or visit a Family Resource Center.
What is Late Enrollment?
Late Enrollment gives families who are new to New Orleans, missed the OneApp school application window, or who need to change their school placement an opportunity to enroll in a school with open seats. Most schools fill during the Main and Round 2 OneApp application rounds, meaning that options may be limited during Late Enrollment. For more information about Late Enrollment for Early Childhood (Infant – PK) click here.
When is Late Enrollment?
- July 29 – Sept 30, 2019
Where is Late Enrollment?
- Late Enrollment takes place at Family Resource Centers
- Uptown – Mahalia Jackson Elementary
- N.O. East – IDEA Oscar Dunn
- Westbank – OPSB Central Office
- Mon – Tues, 8:30 AM – 4 PM | Wed – Fri, 8:30 AM – 3 PM
- As of July 25, we are NO LONGER AT DILLARD UNIVERSITY
What do I need to bring?
- Families must provide the following to receive a placement at Late Enrollment:
- Parent I.D.
- Proof of residency (utility bill, rental lease agreement / mortgage, property tax notice, etc.)
- Final report card
- Student birth certificate
- Proof of income (PK4 ONLY)
What Else do I Need to Know?
- K-12 families will need to provide guardian identification, proof of residency, final report card, and student birth certificate.
- PK4 families will need to provide guardian identification, 2 proofs of residency, and student birth certificate, and proof of income.
- Enrollment services for children ages 6 weeks – 3 years will resume in August, after Head Start and Early Head Start Centers return from summer intercession.
- Families should not arrive before 8 AM.
- Seat availability will be posted here daily. Please reference this before planning your visit. We cannot guarantee seats will be available in your child’s grade at your most preferred school.
- If you are satisfied with your Main Round or Round 2 placement, you do not need to participate in Late Enrollment. Please register at your assigned school before the registration deadline.
In order to help families better plan their visit to Late Enrollment, we’ll be offering a snapshot of seat availability at the start of each weekday throughout Late Enrollment.
Availability is based on student enrollment as of the time at which it is posted and is extremely temporary and subject to change. There is no guarantee that the seat availability indicated in this report will be accurate upon your arrival at Late Enrollment. Students are enrolled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Please note that Late Enrollment is for public schools that participate in the OneApp process. Non-public schools and non-participating schools should be contacted directly regarding seat availability and admissions processes.