Enroll for the Current School Year (2020-2021)

Our Family Resource Centers are closed until further notice.
If you need a school for the 2020-2021 school year, click here.


These documents are required to register at your new school:

  • Birth certificate
  • Immunization records
  • Parent or Guardian photo identification
  • Proof of residency (utility bill, rental lease agreement / mortgage, property tax notice, etc.) Please note that more than one proof of residency may be required.
  • IEP / 504 plan (if applicable)

Current and timely proof of residency in Orleans Parish is required. Inability to provide requested proof of residency may result in the loss of your child’s placement.*

For school registration details, click here.

*If residency documents are not in your name, please bring two (2) of the above proofs in the name of the lessee, a copy of the lessee’s photo ID, and a signed letter from the lessee affirming that you and the child(ren) reside in the household. If your child is matched to a “Type II” charter school, you may reside in any Louisiana Parish and must submit proof of residency for the Parish in which you reside. If you are unsure if your child’s school assignment is a “Type II,” contact your school for registration details and instructions. The McKinney-Vento Homeless Education Assistance Act is a federal law that ensures immediate enrollment and educational stability for homeless children and youth. McKinney-Vento provides federal funding to states for the purpose of supporting district programs that serve homeless students. If you believe your student may be eligible for assistance under the McKinney-Vento Act, please call (877) 343-4773, or visit a Family Resource Center.