Enrollment for the 2018-2019 school year has ended. If you would like to enroll for the 2019-2020 school year, click here.
If you are new to New Orleans or new to public schools, and are seeking to enroll your child, we welcome you and your family! New Orleans has a unique public school choice system, where you may attend any school with open seats, regardless of where you live in the city, based on your preference.
To enroll, visit one of our three Family Resource Centers. At the Family Resource Center, your family will speak with a dedicated School Choice Advisor about the school options available in your child’s grade. When selecting from available schools, remember to ask our School Choice Advisors about transportation, school activities, and any other factors that may be important for you and your child.
|Proof of guardianship||• Parent or Guardian’s Photo ID, which match Birth Certificate
• Current, court-ordered custody documents
|Proof of age||Birth Certificate or Certificate of Live Birth|
|Proof of residency||Two (2) of the following documents are required for proof of residency:
• Current rental lease agreement
• Homestead Exemption in the parent’s name
• Electricity/gas bill
• Sewerage/water bill
• Telephone bill (landline only)
• Cable/internet service bill
• Current official letter from government agency (Department of Social Service, Department of Health & Hospitals, etc.)
|Proof of income||One (1) of the following documents is required for income verification:
• SNAP Budget Sheet or Benefits Statement (for PK4 only)
• Last four consecutive paychecks (if you work at least 40 hrs a week)
• Letter from employer indicating:
1. Where you are employed,
2. Your hourly rate and frequency of pay
3. Average hours worked a week
• Most recent Social Security benefits statement
• Most recent unemployment compensation statement
• Alimony as shown in court decree or agreement
• Most recent pension statements
If your child is not currently enrolled in school, Call or visit us today.
If your child is currently attending a New Orleans public school and you are interested in transferring them to a new school next year (2019-2020), click here.
Special Education Enrollment
All K-12 New Orleans public schools, and most public early childhood programs, are required to meet your child’s needs as identified on his / her Individualized Education Plan or 504 Plan. Before selecting a school, we encourage you to reach out to schools and programs directly to ask more about their special education services and staff.
You can research your options by viewing individual school profiles, and you can also learn more about special education programming here.