WHAT DOCUMENTS DO I NEED TO COMPLETE THE SUMMER ENROLLMENT FORM?
Upload parent/guardian ID and proof of residency. If your child is new to NOLA Public Schools, we also need a birth certificate and final report card.
If these documents are unavailable, please submit the form without the documents and we will follow up.
NOLA Public Schools Residency Guidance
These documents may be used to prove residency (one or more required):
- Electricity/Gas Bill dated within ninety days of the registration date.
- Sewage/Water Bill dated within ninety days of the registration date.
- Cable/Internet Bill dated within ninety days of the registration date.
- Section 8 or HANO Voucher Statement dated within ninety days of the registration date.
- Mortgage Agreement or Lease where the end term is a future date.
- Homestead exemption in parent or guardian’s name
- Official letter from a governmental agency dated within ninety days of the registration date
Except at Type 2 Charters, all students of NOLA public schools must be residents of Orleans Parish.
To ensure compliance with this requirement, schools must take the following actions:
- During registration, collect one or more Orleans parish residency documents1
- On an ongoing basis, monitor new registrations and your rosters for out-of-parish addresses.
- Inform all families who do not establish Orleans Parish residency and not eligible for McKinney-Vento protections that they will be discharged.
- If a family confirms residency in another parish, discharge the student in SchoolForce with the following note:
- OSE9: Failed to verify residency in Orleans Parish
- If a family continues to come to school, contact NOLA Public Schools for support